Depths of Boatmurdered is a free top-down horror game inspired by the infamous Let’s Play of Dwarf Fortress, Boatmurdered. The game is ~2 hours long and follows a lost dwarf who stumbles upon the terrible ruins of Boatmurdered. However, you can play through just fine without any knowledge of the Let’s Play!
Depths of Boatmurdered only very vaguely adheres to the original layout of the fortress from the Let’s Play. It also largely ignores established Dwarf Fortress lore (I haven’t played any Dwarf Fortress).
If you’re interested, please give it a try! (Windows only)
- Keyboard and Xbox controllers are both supported!
- Being able to dead-end yourself is very rare, so if you feel stuck, it’s likely there’s something nearby that you missed.
- Even with a weapon, enemies cannot be killed – try to escape instead!
Want to know more?
Check out this excellent (p)review of the game. It also includes a Let’s Play for those who prefer to watch.
To install, extract the downloaded .zip file. Then run setup.exe.
NOTE: If you are installing a newer version over the old one, you may have to uninstall the old one first. To do so, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs. Then scroll to Depths of Boatmurdered, right click, and click Uninstall.
– made certain areas easier to navigate
– reduced volume of death sfx
– fixed fire getting stunned instead of destroyed
– red eye does less damage, but pattern is changed to be harder to cheese
– credits now transition to main menu when finished
v1.0.1a – turned off debug mode this time. (oops.)
v1.0.1 – added EU support (float parsing now always uses periods)